LATEST NEWS AND UPCOMING EVENTS
WASLA 2019 AGM
Bookings: Click here
WASLA MEMBERSHIP FOR 2020 NOW AVAILABLE
(Final payment of WASLA membership fees due March 31st, 2020)
The WA School Library Association offers a range of benefits to members including:
- Professional development in all aspects of school library information services,
- Newsletters and the professional publication IC3,
- A recognised state body, which will represent you in the maintenance and improvement of standards in the school library information services,
- Advocacy in all facets of teacher librarianship and school library services,
- Research related to the role of school library and information services.
The Association encourages all school library staff to take up this great opportunity.
Professional Development – “Bodies of Information”
The Bodies of information Professional Development, held at the State Library, was a great success. Organised as a joint project by representatives from WASLA, ALIA Academic and Research Libraries (WA), ALIA Students and New Graduates, ALIAWest, RIMPA and Public Libraries of WA, this inspiring Professional Development explored what we have in common and how we could all positively influence our changing profession through effective marketing and inspirational leadership.
The day featured three inspiring keynote speakers. Curtin University’s Professor Julia Richardson talked about having an intelligent career and taking responsibility of your work and life. Jeremy Chetty, co-founder of Student Edge and entrepreneur in residence at Murdoch LaunchPad, discussed service as a brand and Amy Kapernick, from Tech Outsiders, explored the art of failure.
Website last updated on 24/11/2019