The Western Australian School Library Association is the peak body for teacher librarians and other school library staff in Western Australia.
WASLA provides professional development and networking opportunities to all school library staff, whether professional, para professional or clerical in government and non-government schools. We are based in Perth but serve library staff throughout Western Australia.
The WA School Library Association offers a range of benefits to our members including:
- Professional development in all aspects of school library information services
- Professional publication ic3
- WASLA sponsors a teacher librarian, Margaret Muthiga, from Kilimo Primary School, Njoro, Kenya in Africa for membership to the International Association of School Libraries and provides practical assistance and mentorship
- A recognised state body, which will represent you in the maintenance and improvement of standards in the school library information services
- Advocacy in all facets of teacher librarianship and school library services
- Research related to the role of school library and information services